Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Baby no more

Every morning, when I awake, and if the kids are successfully in their own rooms still (sometimes, one or both of them creep into our rooms some time in the still of the night. But that's a separate story altogether) I always peep in to take a look at them when I wake up. 

Most days, they are asleep and so angelic-looking that it always makes me smile and say a 'thank you' for the lovely life I have. This morning, I peeked in and this was what I saw:



Dressing himself
This little man was quietly doing his own thing, changing out of his pyjamas and trying to pull his shirt on. I ran off to grab the phone to snap this pic, and it really made me smile; not just my mouth but my whole heart was smiling. No fuss, no cries, just him silently changing as it is something he wants to do - my not-so-little-still-little Mr Independent. 

It's not as if I did not know he was growing each day, not as if I had not already been lamenting at how quickly the kids grow; but this is just a poignant and sweet sight to witness and document as it is one of those awwww moments of my little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment