Sunday, January 8, 2017

Being outdoors

Another activity that we did more of last December, was being in the outdoors. There is nothing more beautiful and relaxing than having good weather, food and company in nature - and that's exactly what we did on the last Friday of 2016.


Adventures of the outdoor kind

Being the tail end of 2016, I was also feeling reflective; and being by the seaside made me feel calm. I remember thinking about the year, reminiscing my teenage years of being at the park with the husband, listening to the shouts and voices of our next generation, and watching the skies grow pretty in pink then darkening - a true reminder that time and tide waits for no man, and it is up to us how we wish to seize the moment.
I was very thankful and at peace, opting to hang with the family instead of meeting my friends as was the old plan.

With my little man

As the skies grew dark, the children requested for a fire so that they could roast marshmallows. I will be honest to say that I did not help in any form at all...

Setting up a fire

But I did sit by it to enjoy the warmth that the fire spread, amidst the cool night air

Mersmerising

We did not stay the night (as the kids had done their overnight stay at Pulau Ubin already); instead we went to eat supper! The kids were pretty tired (it was 11pm) and as much as my inner schedule Nazi was screaming in protest, I also quelled their cries by trying to live in the moment, as it was truly still the holidays, after all.

Tummies filled, going home

It was a lovely time and I really hope the children enjoy these moments and memories that we are building... till the next holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment