Friday, January 27, 2017

Lunar New Year Eve

Today, the husband was off work and I had time before work; so we joined the girl in her school celebrations, and bringing the boy along too. The household was up and noisy at 6am - I had a reveal of how it may be like in 2 years, when the boy starts Primary School.

We all left the home and headed to school. It's the first time we are joining the school celebrations, and I was quite happy to be there. It felt surreal and familiar to be standing in the courtyard, singing the school song, saying the national pledge and singing the school song.

Once an SC girl, always an SC girl!

Waiting for the performances to begin

First up, lion dance performance! It was such a stunning performance and I was enthralled. What a lovely start to this LNY holidays.

I was so impressed!
Rooster mascot appearance
After the lovely dance performance, everyone adjourned to the hall for part 2 of the celebrations.


Dance by the girls, and an invited guest to perform the 'mask-changing' dance

I did not stay for the whole performance.


I have some lovely reflections from this morning:
1. I was so happy to be in school with the children and husband...
2. I felt pretty emotional singing the school song in the court yard (gosh, it's been too long!)
3. I am so proud that my daughter is an SCGS girl.
4. I am thankful that the school holds such celebratory sessions for the girls, to expose them to different culture and happenings outside of what textbooks offer.
5. It is such a lovely and appropriate start to our Lunar New Year celebrations, on this Eve

I am looking forward to the long weekend of play and time with family and friends.

GONG XI FA CAI!

No comments:

Post a Comment