Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The husband turns 37

After the celebration with the family, the husband was all geared for a busy, busy week ahead (he had alerted me of the schedule). There was even a possibility that he'd be working through his birthday. Regardless, I was hopeful that we would see him, at least on the day... but thankfully, it worked out way better than feared.
On the eve of his birthday, I allotted precious sleep-time for the kids to draw a card for him.


Hard at work

Watching them concentrate on writing their personal messages to the husband brought so much love and joy to me (the aftermath of chasing them to bed did quench the love instantly; but I shan't let the psycho-mom in me rear its head in this beautiful post)... and it is worth mentioning that a year ago, J could barely write yet but this year, he is adept at the alphabet and while he doesn't know how to spell, he can mimic/ craft letters that you spell for him. K, has also been promoted to the official big sister who can spell for him, rather than relying on the adults. It's so heartening to observe their growth and developments!


On the birthday, we all woke up to wish the husband Happy Birthday! The day continued pretty much routine, with us going to school and whatnots... but instead of working late, the husband had said he was able to have dinner together - hooray! I briefed the helper to cook a symbolic dinner of mee sua (akin to longevity) and had planned to pick up a cake on the way home, after picking the boy from class. A bonus occurred when the husband turned up to pick us instead and we all made it home by 730pm; and were all able to sit down together to have a simple dinner together... it was pretty normal, like any other day, but I think what makes it special is the effort that was put in to make it happen; we cannot and should not take anything for granted.


After a dinner where all our tummies are filled, we proceeded to the cake. Again, with the girl being nearly-8, she can help with the setting up already. As we grow, the young ones do too.

Cake IC
Photo credit: K
Love... in our family home
Of course I cannot let this gem go unpublished
Cutting the cake
He insisted on cutting it himself
After cake, we set time for family time and we played a set of Minion Game.




Simple pleasures
Not an extraordinary day, and probably very similar to any other school night - with the exception of cake; or maybe just the singing as we do have cake sometimes - but I am so thankful that we are family and that we are all healthy and with one another.


I was cracking my head very hard for the photo caption that I posted on FB, as it seemed so pfft to thank the husband for being so lovely, for being him, for being the great Papa he is, for loving me... and what struck me was that we had known each other for 22 years (yes, since we were 15), the husband and I were together to celebrate his birthday for 12 - and to be able to grow old with him is such an amazing experience and with each birthday, we have more to be thankful for as we watch our younglings become more independent and little beings on their own.


I end this post with all my love to this special man who is my husband, whom we 3 love with all our hearts to planets and back.
Many, many people wish him well too!


Happy birthday, dear husband. Here's wishing you a fantastic year ahead, with you achieving all the goals you set, may you be healthy and continue being fit to accomplish the trails and oceans you set to conquer, may we stay loving and best friends and keep enjoying each other's company alongside good food, and may you continue to be the amazing Dad you are to our babies who truly idolise you in a way that is only unique to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment