Sunday, January 1, 2017

Hello 2017 - kicking off the year right

I was so grateful that the 1st of January, 2017 fell on a Sunday, giving us an additional day of rest before the real year kicks off. (Real is defined by the routines of work and school.)


We woke up leisurely (the husband and I had wanted to gym but that didn't happen)... and then picked the mother up for lunch (Dad was working). Lunch was a simple, affair of me satisfying my dimsum craving, but the highlight was that I was able to have a meal with my family, and Mother.


There are really so many distractions in life that we get caught up in them; but on this day, I wish to remember that I am fortunate to be able to afford to eat out and share this time with the family, that my mother is healthy and able to join us, that we have food in our tummies and are full - of love and food.


Happy 2017!

No better way to kick off the year - woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment