Monday, June 7, 2010

Just like old times

The MIL went on a week-long holiday with the FIL. It's a well-deserved break for her, and me! I took time off from work to be with Kate, all day long. Oh, the joy!
Here's a snapshot of our days out.

Monday at Orchard: Lunch @ Xiaolongbao, followed by sinful desserts at M-Pantry.

Lunch with Poo

Kate & Finn (& Mr Panda - it's so big I can't stop feeling like there are 3 faces in the pic!)

Misha & Sam who will be embarking on a new journey in London very soon. Very glad to have caught up before they did.


Tuesday at Jurong Point: Lunch at noodle place then an afternoon of hanging out with the SIL and her bubba.

What's K looking at? (See how she's tip-toeing? So cute!)


Kate & Lukas hang out

There are a lot more photos but I'm developing a heart attack trying to load and re-load the pictures (dumb site fault); and since I don't wish to die an early death whilst blogging about joyous experiences (o the irony), I shall just continue the rest of the entry in words.

Before our adventure-packed Monday & Tuesday, our weekend was pretty decent with the husband and I spending most of our time with K - we ate out, walked about town and despite a failed attempt for the husband and I to go exercise (woe to rain), we made up with a short swim for Kate. It was more time spent together than real exercise for us, of course but it was still an experience and I think K enjoyed herself.

Wednesday was spent with no plans, so Kate and I spent our whole day together at home. There was no one at home at all except for her and I and it was truly time on our own. We headed down to the shops a couple of times to replenish on food, and we also made 2 trips to the playground. I cooked for K for the first time! Pretty embarrassing but I burnt the potatos and carrots on my first attempt (wasn't watching the water levels properly); and I think our little missy doesn't fancy potato very much. The highlight of the day has gotta be K doing a mega-poop which spilt out of her nappy! Onto me! Solved that mess by taking a shower, again for the first time, with K.

May seem like pretty routine stuff, but that's what I love about it all. The fact that I'm with Kate all day long, and it's just like the good old days when I was on maternity leave.

Bliss.

1 comment:

  1. I dont know how i manage to miss this post...but i just saw it..love the photos! sooo cute!

    love , wai

    ps kate, we LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete