Sunday, June 20, 2010

My little social butterfly

We went for a wedding dinner last night. The husband's cousin was getting married and the family attended the lovely occasion. A week ago, I'd already known what Kate was going to wear - her pink dress from Chateau de Sable (the husband and I had bought it for her this CNY), stockings and pink shoe-socks.

I was excited to show my princess off to the relatives and I was also excited to see the other babies that were born to the extended family (there were a total of 4 babies born 3 months apart from one another in the past year).

The evening was a great success - Kate delighted everyone she met, spreading her charm to everyone who came into contact with her. She let everyone carry her, she responded by looking at them quizzically, smiling when she found something that amused her, reaching out to touch and play with other children, responding with her baby sounds when people spoke to her; and the cutest thing she did all night was clap her hands everytime she thought it appropriate to!

Sometimes it was truly appropriate as she clapped along when others clapped; but what was funny and endearing was when she clapped simply when she sensed it was right to - when the lights flickered, when the music sound levels changed, when the wedding couple marched in; it was as if she reacted when something changed/was different and that was her way of joining in. I like to think that Kate was intuitive enough to know that the night was a joyous occasion and she was in the celebratory mood too.

Papa Seah, Baby Seah and Mommy Seah

I was very proud of my baby as she shone like a star, charming everyone being the perfect little social butterfly. It was also heartwarming to see the FIL displayed extreme affection and care as he played, carried and looked after Kate.

By the end of the night, the butterfly was so tired she knocked-out and didn't even awaken when the husband and I changed her diapers and into pyjamas.

My sweet little social butterfly - she is a joy to watch and be with and I'm so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment