Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kate goes to the zoo


Two Sundays ago, the husband and I brought Kate to the zoo. It was her first trip to the zoo! I was very excited and very grateful that the weather was sunny (would have been terrible if it rained!). We were there to attend Matty's 1st birthday party.

Kate and birthday boy, Matty

After the guests were gathered, we headed to the tram catered for our private party.

Kate on the tram


The tram whizzed by most animals so it was abit difficult to see the animals since the tram didn't stop. So I doubt Kate saw any animals that were still and blended into the background, such as the hippopotamus. I hope she saw the giraffe (as it was big), but she definitely saw some monkeys (jumping around) and the white tiger (swimming).

The tram did a stop-over and we headed for an enclosed habitat where animals were allowed to roam free. It was rather fun seeing all the animals up-close! We spotted spiders, bats, a sort of furry monkey, mousedeer, bla ue-coloured fowl (have no idea what that's called)...

Upclose with nature

My daddy tried to feed me to this upside down animal

As part of the tour, we got the chance to go "behind the scenes" where the keepers hang out and got to meet some creepy crawlies! I didn't particularly fancy it but it was a nice experience as their shack isn't open to public. I love the innocence of children - Kate had no fear, since she had no idea what worms were!

Stare-down

*SQUEAL (that was me hah!)

After the stopover, we continued the second part of the tram ride before being dropped off at the Forest Lodge where lunch was served.
Family shot - love their animal chairs


At the indoor-playground
We left after lunch and Kate had gone without sleep since she woke up at 10am that morning! On the way out though, shortly after we left the tiger enclosure, she dozed off rather quickly.
The Seahs at the Singapore Zoo
I'll like to think that Kate enjoyed her day out in the sun, and I wonder if perhaps, in her little brain she had wondered "what's up with the funky smells?" Heh.
I look forward to more visits to the zoo with Kate, where she'll be able to appreciate everything more.

1 comment:

  1. I love the zoo...remember going in olgc???
    also i love the photos of kate.. so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete