Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Electric Run

The run tickets were booked months ago. The partner-in-crime was my sister who - without hesitation - agreed to sign up with me because I asked her to. And that really set the time for us for this run. So on a cool, leisurely Saturday evening, the sister and I had our date.

Neon-coloured party people
Glamourous, as always
The kick-off... which took way too long. We were stuck there for about 35 minutes which really made it boring-snoring. 
Is red my colour?
Sister against a paddlepop
Purple rainbow bridge
One of the most beautiful parts of the walk (yes, walk. We did not run at all) where we were greeted by an enchanted forest! (ok, not forest but it sounds better that way)

Spy the umbrellas in the background? "It's raining men"

Nearly at the finish line, we took a scenic pic of us against the Gardens By the Bay. Or is that the Marina Barrage?
#mandatoryjumpshot with my favourite sister

Regardless of electric shocks that ruined part of the run (the enchanted forest died), the lack of buzz (alcohol deficiency), or the generally couldhavebeenbetter experience (with more friends, more pre-drinks), the whole experience was pretty awesome because my sister was with me and we had time to catch up and hang out. That was what made it good.

It was still quite exciting to be part of this inaugural international event really and it was nice time out from the busy schedule I had all last week.

Thanks for the best company, sister!

1 comment:

  1. hey. the forest actually looks quite nice. hahaha and I LOVE PADDLEPOP.
    and YAY thanks for the experience.
    (:
    LOVEYOU.

    ReplyDelete