Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pretty cupcakes by my firstborn

Title: Handmade Pastries
Lesson objective: In this new term, the children are exploring the food theme which allows them to use modelling clay to create their own cupcakes, tarts and other variety of pastries for the first project. In the subsequent projects, they will learn to create an illustration based on the "Stone Soup" story and a poster on different types of ice-cream and sweet treats. 


In this second term of school, Kate started art class. She requested to join this new curriculum because she heard of her friends taking the class. So when we received the slip of classes for signing up last term, I discussed this with her and she told me she wanted to do it. And so we signed her up. 

It's only been 3 weeks and during this time, she told me what she did in class. 

"Mommy, we make cupcake you know? But only the bottom."

"Mommy, tomorrow we will decorate the cupcake."

"Mommy, I do rainbow you know! It's very nice."

"Mommy, I made cupcake but cannot eat. It's bluff only."

Kate's masterpiece. Her favourites are the rainbow cupcake (bottom right) and the colourful green/yellow/red cupcake (bottom left).

I love her enthusiasm at wanting to take on art class, of how she shares what she does with me, and finally how proud she is when she brings her work home.

My little girl's growing up so quickly! I'm so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment