Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My baby little

It's been too long since I did an update on my kids properly. And it's time to do one pronto.

My little baby turned two about a month ago. He has truly surprised me with how he is developing - at birth, he was really a serious-looking baby. We all thought he is characteristically like his Dad. Then it all changed sometime last October, during/after our Japan trip. It was as if after this holiday, and being exposed to Disney and Japanese and air travel made something in his little brain click and he couldn't stop after!

My baby little

A list of his favourite things:

  • Favourite spot at home: Papa's room. Because our sleeping arrangement is one parent-per child, the boys sleep in the master bedroom and the girls in Kate's room. So to Jake, the room he sleeps in is "Papa's room". And I'm not sure what it is about the room but he loves the room. He likes to play there, lay on the carpet, read there... and he sleeps there too. I suspect it's the carpet? I don't know! 
  • Favourite toys: bubbles. He likes boy toys like cars, balls... but bubbles must be his favourite thing. 
  • Favourite sport: running is a big thing with him - not sure why but down that short corridor of ours at home, he will sprint. He's pretty quick and it's so cute to watch him just go for it with all his might. But I think he's already displaying signs of being a really good footballer. He can kick a ball hard and steadily; plus kick it after he knees it too! All sporty credit goes to his father's genes!
  • Favourite thing: water - he loves to swim and play with water. He has no fear, and if he had his way, he will simply jump into every pool/ pond/ puddle he sees. 
  • Favourite food: this is a tricky one because he does love his food. He is slightly fussier than Kate - he doesn't like certain food stuff - but still generally a very good eater. Actually, his favourite food is milk. He loves it and asks for it at mealtimes, after mealtimes, before bedtime... t
  • Favourite person: this is a close fight between nainai and Papa. Not me, unfortunately. I try not to be too miffed about it (ha) but truly, I adore how they love each other. 
  • Favourite character: his knowledge on characters has expanded greatly after our visit to Disneyland; but also because we expose him to television. He watches whatever his elder sister watches so his knowledge of Disney Junior includes Sofia. It's pretty funny and doesn't bother me.


My yiyi always says I have a 大头
He is very much more aware of things about him - because my dad sends Kate to school, he always wishes to tag along on the car rides and sometimes, yeye obliges. On days that he doesn't get to board, he gets very upset! I feel sorry for him because I know he feels left out and he doesn't care that his sister is going to school. 

One of those days he cried buckets because he didn't get to go in yeye's car. We distracted him with a bunch of gross ants - see those little dots on the tile?

He surprised me by posing with our little dancing men on walls and actually told me "Mommy, I want to take picture!"
On the flip-side, he's also becoming a little terror with his gained awareness. He bullies his sister, he throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way and he can be very loud and destructive when he is unhappy. I think a lot of it can be better managed if we give him his milk on time and if he goes to nap when he is tired - something that can definitely be worked on.

An old picture of Kate with her injury inflicted by Jake. In a more recent event, Jake bit Kate's back when they were fighting. It was a deep and painful bite.

Talking about things to work on - this boy needs to learn how to sleep through the night! He still wakes up once to thrice and though I'm not the one looking after him at night time, it does tire everyone out. Once he can sleep through the night, we can try to evaluate our sleeping arrangements at home. 

Sleep, baby, sleep. Sleep through the night baby, please!
Jake is growing up so quickly that I cannot believe that he is my secondborn. Where did my baby go?! It's all incredibly amazing and I love him to bits. 

My little baby in the big, big world

1 comment: