Friday, September 18, 2015

17 September - Kate turns 6!

The morning rolls around and we all laze in bed. No one is rushing to work, and K gains an extra hour because I'd be sending her to school than my Dad. So we all have breakfast leisurely - eventually, after I rolled out of bed - and together with J, we send K to school. She chose to wear a pretty pink dress today, because she can. And she was terribly excited to go! I did a round of coffee-run with the boy who - also insisted on wearing his home clothes than the uniform - was a delight to spend time with.
 
Secretly, I then packed the goodie bags that I had planned for the birthday girl and her classmates.
 
Everyone say hooray!

After dropping the boy at school, the husband and I headed to run some errands. Being the boring old folks we are, we went to get an air purifier (haze season) and pick up the birthday cake. With some time to spare, and a slight hunger pang to fill, we wandered around... and the husband wanted some milkshake. And so we did this -
 
Some bonus couple-time, just him and I
 
TADAH! The waffles were good but the ice-cream flavour tested better
on a tasting spoon than as a whole scoop. But the whole experience was not too bad.

K and her little class in kindy 2

I feel slightly wistful that this is the last year she will spend with these friends. I've seen them all grow for the past 3 years, and I know most of them by name. It's nice to know that one of these girls are going to the same primary school as K, so this girl will probably be the oldest friend K will have next time!


All excited and shy being centre of attention

The cake she chose from the design to the taste
(chocolate with chocolate crunchy balls!)


Here's one of K and this group of girls who call themselves
"The Grandmother Club". Their namesake came about because
they are all (too) chatty and thus do their work (too) slowly!
One with her form teacher

And one of us :)
As per the tradition that we unwittingly created, we take them out from school for a day of treat! Six months ago, on the boy's birthday, we ended up jumping about for some active fun. Today, we planned a different kind of activity.
 
One of them (literally) running out of school
We intentionally kept from them what we were to do... and then they slowly made the discovery.

Movie time!
 
A barrage of questions followed "Inside out?! I know the characters you know! Can we buy popcorn? HOORAY!"

Heading for an afternoon show with a quiet (and extremely cold) theatre

The show was pretty cute, and both the husband and I endured through it pretty fine. It made me aware of my own emotions and a different perspective, one of a child's. The girl enjoyed it mostly though I think she still missed some parts of the show (in terms of comprehension) but she is a big girl and she enjoyed it. The boy, asked many questions and slept through the last half hour of the show as it coincided with his nap time.

After a quick drink break after the show, the girl requested to go to IKEA. Since it's her birthday, the husband obliged. And we went.

The kids got some play time in the playroom, the husband and I did a leisurely stroll on our own and secured a mirror; then we all had dinner at the cafe.

Everyone say "Chicken wings!"
 
Happy birthday sweetheart. I love this cheeky grin of yours - and
you will always be our little princess no matter how many birthdays
we will celebrate. I love you, my baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment