Wednesday, September 16, 2015

#kateturns6 - Hi5!

What a coincidence that the 5th installation of #kateturns6 was our treat of catching Hi5 live! So this happened on Sunday. We met our friends for a leisurely lunch, strolled around MBS for a bit and excitedly, headed to catch the kids' favourite performance group of all time!
 
 
How adorable do they look!
 
Carrying his own booster seat

Our crew of 5 catching Hi5 together!

Waiting for the show to start

It was an hour and a half of non-stop song and dance. I think I've said this before, at their last show (and the previous ones too) that Hi5 is really an entertaining and fun cast to watch and dance along with. The storyline is simple and the energetic songs and dances really get the kids going! The kids were on their feet 80% of the time and even I got caught up with the interaction. It's just more fun that way!

The girls were superstars, dancing along every song and even heading up way upfront near the stage. They grooved to familiar tunes, and for the unfamiliar ones, they tried their best to mimic moves from the stage and I know they had a brilliant time. As for J, he was excited too and it's such a difference watching him this time versus the last. Where it was his first experience previously, and he was slightly apprehensive and amazed, this time round he was aware of what was to happen and gamely jumped about and participated actively too. Our dear little boy did have some accidents (he knocked his head a couple of times) and the showtime coincided with his nap so he was mildly cranky; though he did enjoy himself and as always, it brought me great joy to watch the kids have this much fun.

Also, it was Stevie Nicholson's last show and it was so touching to see the tribute they did for him; showcasing his years of contribution to the show. I really like Stevie and from the time that I first knew Hi5 through Kate's early years, he was one of the original cast (to me). Now that he's going to leave, there is no one from the 'original' anymore. Of course, the new cast is just as good and will grow on everyone again, but to me, I still feel a bit of sadness - also because I have met Stevie in person before and he is pretty cute! I'm sure he - as with the other ex-cast members) are moving on to new endeavours and developing himself so all the best to him.



Post-show K.O.
 
That Sunday evening, we also organised another family dinner for the paternal side of the family.

The Seahs
And here's one of us :)

It's been quite fun organising and fulfilling our princess' birthday one event after another; and I do hope the kids enjoy every activity. I know I always feel wistful with each birthday as it does mean that time is passing so quickly and as they grow older, so do I.

I still remember very clearly her birth and the days leading up to it; it's all good fun and I know my little girl is growing up pretty well, and - gasp - she's turning 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment