Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Reminiscing K

I have opted to not work tomorrow, to celebrate K's birthday. Besides being a treat for us as a family, it also translates into me having extended time on my own tonight.

So far, it has been pretty quiet and relaxing - and I think it's such a treat for me. Six years ago, at exactly this time, I have been in discomfort of false labour for three days. In about another 3 hours (2am), the husband and I would have arrived at the hospital and in real labour. 

It all still feels recent to me, and I recall each of K's birthday pretty clearly. Her cancelled-first birthday due to her contracting HDMD. Her spectacular Barney-themed party when she was two. Then a princess-themed one when she was three. We held a school party when she was four and have been doing so since. 

This year, to finish off her #kateturns6 (6), it will be the last time we celebrate it with her kindergarten classmates. 

I think part of the reason why I love birthday celebrations is because there is so much to be happy and thankful for. So with each event, I revel in the mix of it all and remind myself of all that is good. 

It is nice to have some peace and quiet to reminiscence my years of being a parent, and think back of K and how she has grown. 

Guilty pleasures - lotsa chips and some booze all for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment