Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Teachers' day

So, it is Teachers' Day this Friday. While I hear many stories of parents helping their children with gifts etc, I've always been more lazy practical. Last night, we got around to doodling and what better occasion than to draw up cards for this special day!
 
H A P P Y T E A C H E R D A (Y)
 
J made two cards. The above is the complete cover of the first card; where only an "s" and apostrophe is missing from the whole greeting. On the inside, he wrote his name and thrashed the markers in brown-and-green drew a tree. For the second card (sorry teacher) he got impatient and didn't wish to write anymore so he only managed HAPPY (2x somewhat legible) and half the word of "teacher". Oops. But the inside was pretty decent!

J's first "face"

I'm so proud of this boy and his ability to write letters. I think influence from watching his sister do work must help in some way, and thanks to guidance, he does recognise his ABCs. Phew! I can't comment too much about the short attention span, as I think that's quite normal for a little boy and to watch him draw his face, it's so adorable. I remember when K drew her first "man"; it looked like a big wobbly face with 'arms and legs' sticking out from the face - the husband said that she had drawn a potato - hahaha!


Serious artiste at work
 
Re-attempting the card because she judged the quality of her own first card

My little Miss Perfect - always wanting to do better; and I do appreciate her efforts to be better and not give up. But sometimes, sometimes,this can be so trying. I do try to remind myself of what a sweet child she is... and I know her teacher will appreciate the card she hand-drew.

No comments:

Post a Comment