Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Cheering Papa on

Last weekend, the haze miraculously cleared and the air was actually breathable for 1.5 days. This clean-air-window period coincided with the husband's work event - a track and field compeition where he was involved in up to 3 events.
 
He went, he tried, and he got a medal for it. The family went, and supported him with our love and presence. I went to watch him run the second day alone and I think even though I did not hear it from him, our support means something to him. I also feel very proud of him everytime he participates in any form of activity at all - competitive or not - as I think that lending support to your partner is one of those things that can be taken for granted easily.
 
It's easy for a couple to drift apart, just because they are both individually busy with things on their own plate. Sometimes, we divide and conquer and while this means that we each spend quality time with one child, it does not mean that the whole family or both adults are together. Over time, it can be easy to just trudge along and forget to be with each other.
 
Over time, I have learnt what makes me happy and happier, and I think this is what makes us, us. I hope that the children value the time invested in the foundation of our family as it's precious time spent building memories, be it that we're on holiday, on our daily routine.
 
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment