Tuesday, September 22, 2015

These are a few of my favourite things

The sister tagged me to fill this list of favourites for fun. It's coffee-time now on a mid-day and no better time to take some time out to do it, right here, right now. 

  • Favourite coffee: Latte. in my new routine, I take coffee twice a day at work. For my morning wake-me-up, it's a green Nespresso Espresso Forte, and post-lunch, it's a brown Lungo Leggero.  
  • Favourite alcoholic drink: beer. White lager preferred.
  • Favourite normal/hawker drink (cold): None. I seldom drink soda or sweetened water and I usually bring my own water.
  • Favourite hawker drink (hot): Coffee, or tea, teh-si, or teh harlia (preferably from an Indian stall)
  • Favourite tea: Green or peppermint. Not a staple though.
  • Favourite eggs: Sunny side up with runny yolk.
  • Favourite processed meat (sausages/bacon/ham): Sausages
  • Favourite brunch food: Big breakfast, egg hollandaise; usually the savoury options. If there is an option to share, then I'll opt for pancakes.
  • Favourite dessert: Anything chocolate. Or chendol. 
  • Favourite ice cream flavour: Chocolate. Salted caramel.
  • Favourite pasta: I'm not very into pasta, it's too carb-heavy for me but I prefer oil-based options (aglio olio) or squid-ink when well-prepared is very tasty and I also like angel-hair pasta.

  • Generally, I'm quite an adventurous (or easy) person where food is concerned. I will eat practically anything and everything as I'm greedy like that. I used to hate raisins and pineapple but slowly, I've learnt to tolerate them. I will be mindful about consuming overly-exotic food (cannot imagine eating balut - that Filipino bird egg dish *horror) but I think maybe one day I will try fried worms (crispy like fries, right?). No pet animals (dog meat no no) and I do refrain from sharks' fin 90% of the time.

    Otherwise, I love to eat!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment