Sunday, September 27, 2015

Hanging at home

So, we've been having a haze situation for a week+ now and I am trying not to think about the jacked up electrical bills the next time I receive it. It's a necessity though, to close off the windows because the haze creeps in and everyone is affected to some degree - scratchy throats, watery eyes, sneezy/leaky noses. One side effect (not all bad) is that we are cooped in. The kids get to watch a lot of TV (so do the adults), and we spend a lot of time annoying each other (in good and bad ways) in the little confines of our home.
 
It was a mid-day afternoon and dip in the energy levels and the girl and I were engaged in some girly activity. She wanted to play with jigsaw puzzles, and so we did.
 
Sorting out the puzzle pieces
 
The boy was quiet and so I went into the room for a peek.
 
While I knew he was going to nap, what surprised me was him reading on his own.
How awesome is that.

I headed back out to the girl, not wanting to disturb the boy (whom I expect will doze off in due time) and was greeted by this sight.

Making herself comfortable, just because.
 
I have observed the children hop or skip or twirl around just because they are children and are less inhibited and this was one of those where it was a delight watching her just be.
 
On another occasion, it was late in the afternoon and the children were watching TV. I pulled up a chair and cuddled up with a book. Moments later, this little girl pulls a chair near me and says "Mommy, I want to sit with you". Then the boy climbs on me and plonks himself down.
 
The result - a living room with three people huddeled up in 1.5 chairs
(1 regular sized chair, 1 mini chair = 1.5) 

Keeping fingers crossed that the haze will be better quickly as it does impact our lives not in a great way.
Though I am thankful that I have these moments where they make me laugh and my heart burst with love. I'm so blessed to have them in my life. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment