Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Cebu, 10 Aug (Wed) - the last full day of our holiday

We awoke this morning lazily, and headed for breakfast. We stuffed ourselves silly then went to change into our pool/beach-wear for the day (that is a fancy label because, honestly it has been the same uniform the whole week haha!). The boy couldn't decide where he wanted to be - pool, or beach? - ah, the beauty of such first world dilemma.




My favourite boys in the world
After baking - sun for the boys, shade for me - it was soon lunch and I reluctantly sat upright from my horizontal position (I made progress on my book!) and we ate at the restaurant by the pool. The husband has stepped up in his fatherly duties to play with the boy and I was so thankful I could finally relax.


He knows the routine already!



Lunch



Spot the boy



Everyone needs one of these - their personal swimming float that moves


I was feeling uncomfortable and turned out, I was running a fever. Probably from too much sun and insufficient hydration; so after hanging a bit more with the boys, I headed to the room to snooze. I popped some meds and managed to snooze for a couple of hours.

By the time I headed out of the room, the sun was setting and J had taken a nap on the deck chair too. While I tried to awaken from my drunken-snooze state, the husband continued to play with the boy. That night, we had dinner at a different restaurant but still within the hotel compounds. That sounds ambitious, but truth it, the restaurants were merely 10metres apart - haha!


Thankfully, I didn't feel any worse, just tired and managed to not drop ill but I did try to sleep early that night, along with the boys who were pretty concussed too after their full day of play, especially in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment