Friday, September 16, 2016

Spending time with my firstborn

K had no school on Friday and as a treat, so that she and I can spend more time together, I brought her with me to work. It's nothing too exciting, nothing over the top, but having her with me the whole day gave me a nice, warm feeling as we could have lunch together, and while she had pockets of time where she was not by my side, it was still nice as I had intended for her to just be with me, so that we can just well, hang together-ish.

My plan of ending work earlier did not truly happen, and it was already 5 by the time I was ready to go. We spent some time having ice-cream though, and lunch was also her choice (ugh, horrid McDonalds!) and I guess the day was pretty successful as she was with me, through the day, and it was a nice change from her daily routine of school/being at home.

A yoghurt all to herself
Look at her, all limbs and such an adorable child. She is growing up, as she should be, and I still marvel at how this girl is my child. There is so much to learn on this parenting journey, and while I struggle to be patient, I do hope that she knows that she is loved beyond the moon and back. I do not expect her to be a genius, but I wish her to have a heart of kindness. I do not expect her to be a millionaire, but I wish her to be sensible to ascertain right from wrong. I do not expect her to be perfect, and I always tell her that I will always love her, no matter what, even if I am mad/frustrated  with her - because no one is perfect and I hope she knows that I am imperfect because I get frustrated and snappy with her; yet she will always be perfect in her special way, in my eyes.

Ah, this crazy thing called love!

No comments:

Post a Comment