Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Sunday brunch date

Last Sunday morning, the husband surprised me by suggesting that we 'go out for brunch'. Considering how lazy we had been (the furthest we go is, uh, across the road, usually) - this suggestion from him was truly pleasant. (To the husband: perhaps that explained my lack of reaction. Too stunned.)


We made a random choice to the neighbouring hood where I knew housed some coffee homes; but the final decision of where to eat was picked by the husband - we had two choices - and it was such an excellent decision!


Hello, Pacamara!


It was a white-washed space and semi-filled with diners. The vibe was relaxed and the air-conditioning was working very well, perfectly suited for the hot & sunny day. The staff were friendly and kind, very smiley and made the entire experience very good. The coffee was not bad, and the food was pretty tasty - all in, a win for sure!


Just 3 random sharings:
1) I ordered a salmon mentaiko which was super tasty and I liked; I would have loved it if it was served hotter. The eggs were probably left standing for a while and it was - sadly - not hot. The waitress heard me lamenting this to the husband and offered, unprompted 'will you like me to take it back?' I decided to give it a shot and because the whole dish was still edible, plus the super service of initiative made me thankful enough that I merely gave feedback on the dish's temperature, and proceeded to gobble the entire plate up.
The adorable waitress gave feedback to the kitchen and came back to apologise, adding that I could have a complimentary drink. I really appreciated the gesture and service recovery. I did not redeem my drink but they did redeem themselves on the whole and I do want to go back again to try other dishes.


2) The husband had -  at a point - three pepper shakers at our table because none of them seemed to work. It was funny.


3) Their toilets are a bit too dim but the overall deco of the place was lovely.




Beer o'clock (who cares that it was only 10am?! Not us, obviously)


That morning was filled with so much love, and the experience of having brunch out in a new place felt so novel, I felt so happy. In fact, I cannot stop smiling as I recall our time spent together. Super love!

No comments:

Post a Comment