Wednesday, May 26, 2010

1.5hours

That's how much time I had to myself last night. I spent the time reading.

True, it's not exciting like a night out and reading may not seem sound particularly enticing, but I had a great time.

I haven't gone out for many after-work social appointments (other than the odd and few work occasions), and I don't typically head anywhere else but home after work.

This is a choice that I'm making and the way I see it, it's only a temporary phase as Kate is only little once and I'd hate to miss out on time with her at this stage where she's so dependant.

I don't find motherhood burdensome or tedious. It is very tiring, but thoroughly fulfilling.

But because it is also extremely time-consuming tending to the needs and wants of a baby, I treasure and enjoy time to myself.

And all that time to myself, all 1.5hours of it was absolute bliss.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky u..lol
    i m primarily the one taking care of elise n i think i m the one who cant let go and i havent been able to have me time...now my moms here n its been alittle more relaxing, but i am still at her every whimper..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean babe, I know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete