Monday, May 17, 2010

Dear Kate

Dear Kate,

I believe that you're a lot more comfortable in this world by now, pretty much as comfortable as Daddy and I are with you in our lives. The initial period was pretty tough (especially the first 3 months) but it seems a lifetime ago that we had those trying moments. Each day, you pick up and display new skills and expressions, never ceasing to amaze and warm my heart.

Your latest trick is to 'clap your hands' and it's very amazing to see you responding to us by smiling, crying, holding your hands out wanting us to carry you... I'm always proud that you seem to know not to bite me when feeding (though you still do sometimes) but on the whole I believe that you do understand what I tell you and if you do not obey, it's more to lack of desire to care than not knowing!

You're also honing your crawling skills and your leopard crawl is slightly more proficient now. Wonder when you'll learn to use your arms to support your upper body weight so that you can move alot quicker than pulling your whole body along!

You've always loved to stand and since you've learnt to sit 2 months ago, you're always trying to stand up. You are able to do so on your own now and it was an astonishment how you weren't able to do so one day and could do so the very next! *beams the proud Mommy

We celebrated my first Mothers' Day and it was rather emotional for me. Though we didn't do anything much as a family (as Daddy you and I were under the weather) and you gifted me with fever, it was still a great day as Daddy (and you) got me my first Mothers' Day bouquet and it's absolutely fantastic that I'm qualified to celebrate this occasion now. Yay!

You have 2 teeth now and I believe you're sprouting more as you're still gnawing at everything in sight and the salivating is not getting any better. I've also received comments that you look thinner - it may be due to the fact that your appetite was affected when you were ill last week, but it's probably also because you have grown taller and the weight's better distributed. I'm rather looking forward to your next doctor's visit so we can weigh and measure your growth!

You're eating your cereals and porridge well and I'm very happy that you enjoy your fruits too. I wish you'd drink more water though as it is so important to be well-hydrated. Your eating habits seem to mirror mine as I see you enjoying biscuits very much! By now, you are eating porridge with pork, chicken or fish, you eat vegetables (chopped up), you eat papaya, apple, pear, banana, kiwi and strawberry. You also eat all kinds of cereal - rice, barley and oats.

You're an absolute joy to have around and I cannot imagine life without you. Being a mother is the most tiring, fulfilling and loving job I've ever had.

I love you always, Baby K. Happy 8 months.

Love, Mommy

1 comment: