Monday, May 3, 2010

Saying goodbye is hard (even if it's for 10 hours)

Each morning, it breaks my heart to have to bid my little girl goodbye when I leave home to go to work.

I always hold her, hug her and tell her that I'm going to work, and I'll be back as soon as I can to be with her again. And I finish it off with many kisses.

I'm coping a million times better now than when I first headed back to work - where I'd literally be near tears.

Kate has her good and not-so-good days.
Sometimes, she'd be so distracted with something (toy, noise, furniture - who knows what goes on in the brain of a 7-month-old?!) that she barely gives me a glance as I step out.
Sometimes, like this morning, she'd sense that I was going out and cry when I left without her.

I realise that she usually reacts more poorly on Mondays.
I suspect it's because we'd just spent alot of time together over the weekend, and she feels more attached to me?
What clever creatures they are, these little ones!

But yeah, it is hard to say goodbye to her. I always miss her.

1 comment:

  1. i can imagine how difficult it must be...elise is now attached to my hips all day now.. we r co sleeping too n it may be time to let her sleep alone in the crib but somehow, i feel that i m not ready,,,hugs

    ReplyDelete