Monday, May 10, 2010

The good, the bad and more

The good
Kate has since recovered from her fever. She took medication for 3 days - cold medicine, fever medicine and nose-decongestion-athingy - and though she was still abit cranky, she's been recovering well. Yay!

The bad
She's passed the virus to the husband and I. On Saturday, both the husband and I had sore throats. My body didn't take too good to the attack and by night, I had full blown fever. It was horrible! It's been a while since I fell sick and I was pretty unwell, to say the least. Went to the doc's yesterday and got safe (for bfeeding) medicine for the body aches, fever and cold. I can only imagine how horrid poor Kate felt while she had this virus. The husband is still fighting a sore throat, whilst I'm home on sick leave today and feeling better.

Miscelleneous
1. Despite the virus, I thoroughly enjoyed myself having brunch with the sister and the bf (before I collapsed and in the sister's words "you look like crap"). We went to a new place to try their brunch and it was pretty good. The food was a bit better than average, the service could be better, the deco was very interesting, the company was fantastic and it was overall very pleasant. The pictures taken from the day were amazing! (Thanks to the bf)

There are too many pics to share, but here are some of my favourites.


Let's do this again!


Kate with her one-brow lift


Family

K shopping and being shopped


2. Mothers' day

Needless to say, as I was sick, it wasn't an exciting 1st Mothers' Day celebration for me. However, I received many wishes from different people and it is indeed rather exciting to be qualified to celebrate this occasion. The husband was very sweet and got me a bouquet of flowers. I'm still waiting to read the 'card' he wrote (in draft) but hadn't shared with me.

3. Yucky weather
This is rather irrelevant to any happenings, but I just had to document that the weather lately has been truly shitty. Blah. The relevance, if any, will be that it's this shitty weather that's making everyone fall sick.

To end off, here's a very nice picture of my 7-month-3-week-old baby.


3 comments:

  1. HEY GIRLLL..

    I love the pics!!!!!! esp the one of her 1 raised eyebrow...n the one of her in the cart , n the last photo too.. so cute that u both dressed in yellow... i do that too! also, i like the new profile nose to nose photo..hugs, happy mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. scuse me, i DID NOT say you look like crap ! why does everyone keep putting words in my mouth ! buzz hehe. i merely said you look quite bad ! love anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh ! i'm the bf ! i'm finally 'THE BF' hahaha. it was my pleasure capturing such important moments for DJ K.

    ReplyDelete