Friday, March 11, 2011

Cool weather makes you happier

I really believe that. Cos I was a happy monkey the 4 days that I was in Hong Kong!

Kate, very happy and amused in this luggage-pram thingy at the airport (amazing things that are catered for kids). This was at 7.30am in the morning, btw.

A close-up: "Smile baby!"

After we said our goodbyes at the gates, I headed to purchase travel insurance via the internet terminals. The husband was kindly helping out to ensure that I managed to get coverage and phew, I'm glad I managed to. It's more a safety than a real need, but that's insurance for you. I managed to squeeze in time to pop into the duty-free cosmetic counter and got myself a Dior tinted lipstick. I made it to the gate 15minutes before take-off and my boss was so alarmed that I hadn't boarded that I got a call from her just as I was walking through the gantry to the plane. *oops The flight to Hong Kong was uneventful, and I found the time to myself absolutely luxurious and enjoyable. I caught the movie "The Town" which I enjoyed. The food served was yums and the dessert was Magnum ice-cream! Totally enjoyed it. The flight to Hong Kong is only 3.5hours, painless and swift.

Upon arrival, my colleagues and I headed to the hotel via cab and with an hour+ to spare before the work gig, I headed out to the streets of Tsim Tsha Tshui to revel in the Hong Kong air (and very cool air). Within 50metres of the hotel, I sighted my first Levi's logo on a random banner! Haha I had to take a picture.

Spot the Levi's logo

After roaming the streets for an hour, I was pretty familiar with the general layout of the area. In that hour, I managed to buy 3 pairs of (very cheap) shoes as well as a (rather cheap) scarf.

Happy June, post-shopping. Spot my new scarf around my neck.

Back at the hotel, I washed up and met up with the colleagues and headed for an early dinner. We had tomyam noodles soup. I got to see the Levi's office building (not the office itself, just the building) and we departed from there (a chartered bus) to the event venue.

Now, this event marks the celebration-cum-introduction to the new branding platform that Levi's is going into. It was a fantastic opportunity for me to immerse and experience the brand wholly.

Stage

With Margaret (product manager) & Gina, (my boss, division manager)

I had an early night after the event, and I was up and hitting the gym on Monday morning. I'm so glad that I packed my shoes despite people telling me that I'd not have any time to work-out! The gym was spacious and of hotel-quality, and it was quiet so I felt like it was my personal gym! Awesome. After the work-out, I went for breakfast with my colleagues. It was my first local meal of nai cha, polo bao and dan tart. Then we launched into the first day of work. It was fun and enlightening, opening up my eyes and mind to the possibilities of what can be done; as well as what the brand is all about.

At the end of the day, I headed straight to shop at H&M and went mad shopping for myself, the husband and the baby. I also invested in gifts for friends' children. I then met up with my ex-uni mate, Iva. She came along with her fiance, Daniel (my first German friend) and they shared the happy news that they're tying the knot on 2 April. It was a night of great fun talking and catching up and making a new friend. I've met up with Iva once before since we left school 10 years ago, and that was in Tokyo where I was holidaying and she was studying in 2008.

With Iva. The lovely couple treated me to dinner of Peking duck *yums

Tuesday was a full-day of work. While Monday was more a look-and-see to absorb and watch, Tuesday was the day I had to engage, interact and work through the day for the marketing workshop. It was excellent getting to meet and know the marketeers from all the Asia-Pacific offices, and interacting with them that day. I gained a lot by the end of the day.

Workshop at the W Hotel

After this full-day workshop, I was knackered! I hadn't expected to finish early, and when I did, I decided to venture out to Mongkok on my own. I rang up a local friend at the last minute and he very kindly agreed to meet up with me, together with his wife. That night, I had a late dinner with Andy and we had drinks with his wife, Irene & her girlfriends. I hadn't expected to hang out so late, but by the time we paid up and left it was past midnight.

I spent my last morning in Hong Kong at the hotel gym again. After the work-out, I headed out to the streets to do last-minute shopping. I was driven to the airport and I completed all my shopping there (food items) and it was final call by the time I reached the gates to board! I guess I cut it slightly lean by packing in so much to do but I really needed to eat my dan tart & drink nai cha before I left Hong Kong.

The flight back was great, again. I caught the movie "Convicted" and by the time I cruised back to Singapore, I was energised and eager to see my loved ones.

Great experience, happy moments, awesome trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment