Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We love you

I love how you look when you first wake up in the morning. You rub your eyes, yawning. They look dreamy. If you don’t see me, you’ll call out “MAMA”; but when you lay your eyes on me, you’re comforted then you continue laying in bed, you stretch your body and wordlessly watch me prepare for work.

I always say ‘good morning!’ and I give you kisses and when I tell you “I love you, ok?”, you nod your head; I am happy that I offer you comfort and that I envelope you with love so that you are a secure, confident and happy child.



You say “orr orr” to Ah Ma, and she holds you to her chest, rocking you lightly while singing the Hokkien song “ti orr orr”. You stop wriggling for those moments, listening intently as if you understand the lyrics, or you probably just enjoy the warmth and love you feel while being hugged tightly.

We love you, Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment