Thursday, March 17, 2011

Three-One

So. You'd think that turning thirty one was a piece of cake. I mean, you'd already turned the corner from 20s to 30s and it's not as "big a deal" as becoming the big "three-oh". Right?

Guess so, but maybe not.

I've been feeling slightly antsy, and I've expressed my views to more than one person, about how I'm feeling more anxious turning thirty one than last year, when I hit thirty. How odd. I wonder what the cause is. A friend gave his point of view, that turning thirty was easier to swallow because you'd just past twenties, so it wasn't too far behind. But thirty-one was, well, it's truly you going forth in your life and aging because the clock keeps tick-tocking already. That theory kinda makes sense, but I still don't know what it is that I'm thinking so till now, 48minutes (& counting down) before I turn 31, I still feel slightly antsy.

A more logical explanation could simply be that I was busier at work last year (I was working on my birthday for the entire day dammit!) and so I barely had time to think, let alone think about my life, my feelings and/or me. That, I think, played a huge part.

Last year, I checked against several achievements in my life at 30 including husband (check), house (check), child (check), job (check). This year, nothing's changed and I still check against all of the above, but since I'd changed jobs 3.5months ago, my life has improved, definitely for the better. I guess, after all that mindless rambling, I shouldn't feel too antsy because I know that life is good!
I have always enjoyed celebrating my birthday because it is a day about me, where I can unabashedly do what I want to do with pure abandonment, where I feel guilt-free indulging in anything at all, and it's all made sweeter because I'm at a point in my life where I'm terribly happy. What's not to like about presents, leisure time, indulgence and cakes!

And on this note, I end this post giving thanks to everything I have in my life - my family, loved ones, friends, job, the life in general is good & I am grateful.

Now, let's google where the husband, the baby and I can head off to celebrate my day...

No comments:

Post a Comment