Monday, March 14, 2011

Unhappy Kate

Kate's been a fitful baby pre-sleep. I'm not sure if it's because she's over-stimulated and/or over-tired, but over the weekend, she's been a very restless and unhappy baby before going to sleep. She cries, she struggles, she wants to walk around and well, she doesn't seem to know what she really wants. All I know is that she is terribly grumpy, very frustrated and very unhappy.

Dear Kate,
I hope you settle down and go to sleep happily like you used to. Is it because Mommy's upset you with me having gone away and come back to you again? You seem confused when you cry and ask for Papa, then me, then Papa, then me repeatedly. Are you feeling uncomfortable/unwell somewhere and are not able to express to us what it is that is causing you distress? The last time you behaved this way, it was when you were ill and teething. Whatever it is, I hope that you feel well again very soon so that you aren't so unhappy. I'm sad seeing you behave in this incoherent manner.


Be happy soon, my dear.
Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment