Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chit chat with Kate

The husband is home so I rang him moments ago on this lazy afternoon. While we were talking, I heard Kate in the background "Mama?"

Husband: Yes, I'm talking to Mommy. You want to talk to Mommy?
Kate: Yes.

Husband hands the phone to her.

K: Mama
Me: Hi Kate! What are you doing?
K: Eating porridge.
Me: Are you sure you are eating porridge now?
K: Yes. Nainai cook porridge for Kate. Yiyi so sad.
Me: Nai nai cook porridge for you? Why is yiyi sad?
K: Yi yi don't want eat porridge. Yi yi so sad.
Me: Yi yi doesn't want to eat porridge & is sad?
K: Yes.
Me: ... who are you?
K: I'm Kate.
Me: Who am I?
K: Mama
Me: So clever! Ok Mama has to work already.
K: Bye bye
Me: I'll see you tonight ok? Love you
K: I love you.
Me: Bye bye
K: Bye bye
Me: Pass the phone to Papa please

K hands the phone to Papa.

I then spend the next 30secs relaying the convo to the husband and gushing how happy I am that Kate is so clever & coherent! Except that I didn't understand her story about porridge and yiyi. But we had a brilliant conversation! Hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment