Sunday, September 11, 2011

Having two

The husband and I were ready for baby little, just as we were ready for Kate. To me, I'd always wanted two children. Having grown up with two siblings, I (especially now) value the company and love I share with them. Of course, growing up with them was a pain - hah! - as any normal sibling will say (it's the sibling love, la). But now that the three of us are adults, we hang out together, we talk a lot (of co*k), we have one another to go to when there is a need or a crisis, or for anything at all, really. The husband also comes from a family with three children (all boys!) so I guess to us, having one child only was not really a preferred option.

Of course, now that baby little is happening and truly well on the way, we are very happy. But at the same time, we haven't talked about how things may be, how our lives may be impacted when he arrives. Childcare is the key thing on my mind.

In a couple of month's time, we will be moving to our very own place. That's fantastic news and a milestone in our relationship, but it will also change the way our lives have been living with the in-laws for the past 3 years. The living-with-in-laws have been pretty smooth sailing since day 1 of me moving in after the husband and I tied the knot, and it has definitely improved and sealed things with the arrival of Kate and the MIL looking after her. Moving out will mean that the husband and I are independent of looking after Kate which is already a new thing on our to-do list. No more having an extra pair of eyes to watch her if either of us are occupied, which is a BIG thing for those who understand. Kate will begin childcare come Dec 1, and that will also be another big step for 3 of us to take.

Add baby little to the equation and well... I really don't know how it'd be like. One thing is for sure, the husband and I will have to work even better as a team, upping our game from how we have been partnering each other till now.

I wish that the children will enjoy each other as much as siblings should. I can already imagine how bossy little Kate will be like with baby little, and I hope the two of them will grow up to be strong, caring, loving, happy individuals who will always care and love each other because we are family.

No comments:

Post a Comment