Friday, September 23, 2011

Kate, my baby celebrity

Two weeks ago,we went to the bird park. The day was, overall, pretty good. It’s something that the sister had planned for agessss (we nearly forgot about it) – and when the day came, we started it late (missed a show!) but we caught two others; and best of all, we managed to route the entire bird park before the rain washed us out. Woe be to the sister who was suffering from a hangover, but yayness that the outing was pretty good! No pics from the bird park, but something interesting happened – not once, but twice – when we were there.

The husband was carrying Kate and we’d just finished taking a picture in front of the parrots. When we stepped off the podium, I saw a lady touch K’s face. The husband later said that she’d taken a picture of her (Kate). I found it rather amusing, but didn’t think much of it – until minutes later, the same episode happened again – i.e. another lady came to touch K’s face & took a pic with her – this time, while the sister was carrying her. How odd!

Last Friday, the husband and I were at Raffles City & after dinner, we walked around idly and found a big empty space which delighted K to no end as she could just run around aimlessly & silli-ly – which she did. Suddenly, two men walked towards her and (I was watching from a distance) I’d initially thought they were going to walk past (it was a common area). Instead, they stopped and patted K on her head. They looked to the husband (who was nearer to her, playing with her) and asked for permission to take a picture with her – and they did so. I was so stumped (again!)

I watched very bemusedly & quickly decided to sneak a picture and here you have it – Kate and her passers-by “fans”.

They took turns to carry & take a picture with her

How funny is that! I find it rather cute and am proud that passers-by will find my daughter so attractive that they wish to take pics with/of her; but still, rather odd!

1 comment:

  1. So funny this is! I find this odd too, but perhaps your Kate is just gorgeous :) she had better get used to more "fans" ...esp when she grows up!

    ReplyDelete