Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Little steps

I watched Kate step into the house. She’d just gone for a walk with the in-laws and come home sweaty & happy. She sat down on the floor and proceeded to take off her shoes. She’s been taught to put on this particular pair of slip-ons a while ago and she’s also learnt to take them off. The shoe on one side came off, and she proceeded to peel off her sock too. She then stuffed her sock into the shoe. She did the same for the other foot. When she was done, she aligned both shoes side by side, picked them up –with one hand! – and put them into her shoe rack (I say ‘her’ shoe rack because it’s really the TV cabinet but her tiny shoes fit so cutely within).

Such simple actions, but to witness her independence brought tears to my eyes. I didn’t bawl or anything, and it wasn’t that obvious. But it still touched me and made me sigh with amazement/disbelief/wist.

No comments:

Post a Comment