Saturday, June 23, 2012

My baby boy, Jake

Jake turns 4 months on Sunday, according to the "Chinese" calendar, my MIL reminded me today. And according to the "English" calendar (the one I know), he turns 4 months in 4 days. How time flies. I wouldn't say that it passed in a blur, cos I do remember the un-fun moments and I'm not going to lie and say that it's ALL fun now (the night feeds are not easy and I'm still forever-tired). But there's a lot of good, more than the not-so-great and I still can't believe that my son is no longer a newborn (the clothes say so. He's promoted to the 3-6 months) and second time round, I still feel thrilled when my boy accomplishes milestones and I'm able to savour it more. Maybe because I can anticipate it and appreciate how amazing developments are in a human person. And I'm no less proud of him and how well he's growing.

About 10 days ago, this little boy decided that he likes to sleep on his side. 
He can pretty much sleep anywhere. This pram we purchased for Kate 3 years ago is totally being put to great use. Yay.
He fits well into a bumbo now and loves to be upright. Bumbo is recycled too. Yay. 
Love his toothless grin and slitty eyes (eyes just like his sister and father)
He is still entertained by the safari play-mat
Guess it does bore him at times (heh)
Kungfu arm - he has been arching his body this way for agesssss (before my trip to Phuket more than a month ago) before he actually did the FLIP on June 19th. That's 8days shy of him turning 4 months.

"meh" face. He's inherited the (fishball) face from me (same with Kate) and his eyes look slightly swollen here. May be due to the medicine. This little boy is on meds for the 3rd time in his life. That's on average once every month. Poor boy. First was from his finger infection (boo to me), next was his flu infection (boo to Kate) and now it's flu again (Kate again). Sigh. On the bright side, he must surely be building plenty of antibodies right? (sigh)

I love his smile. Don't you think his face is totally different when he smiles?

The husband and I noticed that Jake likes to keep his hands near his face and we wonder if it's to keep his pacifier in place? Could it be that he knows? But anyway, this pic demonstrates that he can hold a light bottle on his own. Jake started being bottle-fed earlier than Kate (I went back to work earlier - not by choice). I wonder if this partly attributes to him being lazier (maybe not). I've had several bouts of panic attacks concerned episodes where he refused to latch the boob. I'm not giving up though and thanks to the husband for supporting my decision. However, with him, I do feel more assured feeding him from a bottle because I can monitor how much he's drinking. His appetite is double that of Kate's (150ml now) and though my milk supply is not any problem so far, I just don't wish to be starving him especially since I can't see how much he's drinking from the boob. 
This shot is just to show how he crosses his feet. He likes to do it. Just like Kate.
And to end off, I love this pic by yiyi. Love my baby boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment