Monday, June 4, 2012

Scenes from our home

It's been a while since my last "scenes from our home" update, and truly, life's so hectic. I've been struggling to survive with too little sleep. And with the unexpected hiccups in childcare arrangements, our life has lack of routine. Work's also picking up and putting in late hours is making me grumpy. I think these are all unhealthy for me and make me feel unnerved, unhappy, tired.

It'd all get better soon (it always does, right?) and I need to remind myself that I still have plenty to be thankful and happy about.

I love how peaceful she looks asleep. I get so tired of handling her and her awful tantrums. My little girl is fast growing up and I'm thankful that the husband is with me to help deal with her. I'm not the most patient person and a lot of times I slip up and feel guilty yelling/snapping at her.

Sometimes, we all need to just look at these silly/happy faces to instantly feel better. This boy's fast becoming a character of his own.

A wet Saturday afternoon where the husband, Kate and I sneaked out for tea. We shared some soup, bread and cake. I love how sweetly happy she looks here.

Shifty-eyes Kate. I need to get better shots of the two of them.

One dark morning when it was nearly impossible to get out of bed. Then I look at their faces (even now) and I laugh.

Jake on tummy-time. Except that he looks like he's training to sky-dive in this shot. Heh.

We ran out for an errand and this little girl entertained herself by "flying" with my shawl. And she insisted on wearing her hat. HAHA she's so funny!

3months, 1 week old. 6.44kg, 64cm baby.

Saturday afternoon - bumming at home with the family. I don't know why the husband doesn't tell me my hair was so messy - though honestly, it's probably become such a norm for me to look this way at home that no one notices anymore.

"Let's do a didi face" - love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment