Sunday, September 29, 2013

Of life and patterns

I sneaked some hours away on this Sunday afternoon to meet up with a friend back in town. Brought K along and after a leisurely afternoon of sandwiches, cake and tart (strawberry, of which I had like, one because K monopolized them all), we took the bus. 

Chugging comfortably along on this 45-minute long ride, this little girl fell asleep on her personal pillow. I looked at her and felt a swell of love, for she looked so innocent and at peace sleeping. And while I was envious of her being able to sleep without a worry in the world, I reminded myself how it is a privilege to be a caregiver of her. For her to be so carefree and safe to sleep with me despite being nowhere, I'm thankful that my girl knows little fear, of bad things that do happen in other parts of the world.

And on a random note, the clashing composition of the pic made me smile. Of stripes, checkers and polka-dots. Exactly what life is all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment