Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Army Half Marathon Run - I did 10km

It was an awfully organised run, by any standard. It started with when we couldn't get parking (but the super husband settled that and I know we are discouraged to drive. But to drive 4 people seemed a pretty good idea), then it took us forever to get to the start point (no one seemed interested and were strolling along creating a severe human jam - I think we started the run 15minutes past); and once it started there were many - and I mean many - bottlenecks where you cannot run even if you wanted to. It was quite frustrating, to say the least.

I burst out laughing (not in a good way) when we had to crawl through the finishing line (think a mass bunch of people during peak traffic at the MRT station. Yup, just like that!) while hearing the emcee lament the (pathetic) state at the finishing line "well done runners! There's a huge crowd so don't focus on the timing, just congratulate yourself on the run completed - well done!" Pfft. 

But. It's still a good workout and I did clock pretty average time and I kept pushing myself to keep running and I did feel pretty strong throughout the whole journey.

I'll never join this run again, but I'm pleased enough that I completed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment