Monday, September 9, 2013

Super Saturday

Started the day with home-made pancakes. Here are my handy helpers who helped with the pancake batter.

TADAH! This is a plate of pancakes cooked by me. Truly, that is like accomplishment. But what's even more amazing, is why I cooked the entire batch of batter.

I was close to giving up like, 4 pancakes in - it was hot and sticky and I was really not enjoying myself. I exclaimed "Ah, I wanna stop already!" and was this close to passing the pan over to my helper when Kate said "Mommy, you're doing a great job! You're trying your best right? I love you!" Those words, unsolicited by me, shot through me like this amazing smushy feeling.

I was
1. Amused/amazed that my discomfort was so evident she picked it up
2. Touched beyond words at her forthcoming encouragement
3. Motivated beyond myself and stuck on to finish frying all the batter.

I guess this is what parenting is about. While you give your time, your energy, your best to your child, they truly, in return, give you the best thing in life - surprises, happiness and true love. I love my firstborn because she is so insightful and mature for a soon-to-be four-year-old.

The day passed quite uneventfully then the mother & sister helped babysit the kids and I took time out to run. What started out as a run in the evening turned out to be a pretty-damn-good-run. I clocked 9.5km in an hour & felt like a superwoman after!

Spotted these cool little bladers on my run and I'm so going to sign my kids up so they'll be cool too! #Idunnohowtoblade

No comments:

Post a Comment