Monday, February 24, 2014

Jake's 2nd birthday party - preparing Elmo

Two weeks before the party, I found out about my work-trip which was the Mon-Wed of the same week of the party. I had to do some major planning ahead! Thanks to the sister, we started with lots pretty Elmo looking stuff off the worldwideweb.

Mini square Elmo faces on sticks. Skills required - cut and paste.

I chanced upon some affordable and useful markers that I was thrilled to pop into the goodie bag, and throw in a bit of an Elmo touch. I envisioned using the Elmo satay sticks all about the food table - stick 'em where you can!

On another night of prep, we cut out customised name tags ala Sesame Street style.

Always good to have little elves about to help out. I'm very proud of this helpful little elf who was very enthusiastic to help. She was never once jealous that it wasn't her party; she was just thrilled that there was a party!

While in Sydney: I scouted the supermarkets like a typical Mother/Asian would for the awesome choccies and Fluffy alike, and got these adorably on-theme coloured dots (Note: we never got to use them but ate them on their own instead. Raspberry M&Ms FTW!)

Eve of party: last minute cutting and preparation of more decoration featuring Jake, the handsome (I'm the Mother. I can say what I want!) and Sesame Street characters. 

1 comment:

  1. I bet that Jake's 2nd birthday party was a huge fun. The selection of theme is perfect to make the birthday a memorable one. My kid turned 6 on last weekend and I too hosted a beautiful white and pick fairy inspired party on her demand. Had booked one of the best rental spaces for parties for this bash.

    ReplyDelete