Friday, February 21, 2014

My little man - turning 2

Jake turns 2 - TWO! - next week. Tomorrow, we celebrate his birthday with a fun birthday bash! I cannot believe how quickly time has flown by with him and truly, I'm amazed at how fortunate I am to be the mother of two lovely kids. Just look at this angelic face when he's asleep. It's been a rough coupla weeks leading up to the party and I really hope that everything goes smoothly tomorrow and he and all his little friends enjoy the party. 

Dear Jake, 

You never cease to amaze me with your antics. I do not understand why it fascinates you to play with soil and dirty yourself; why you laugh when you trip and fall over yourself; how you come to me whining when you hurt yourself (seldom, but so precious when you do), how you flash that cheeky and mischievous grin and I know you have something naughty up your sleeve, how you laugh at something totally random just because you - in your worldly opinion - find it hilarious, how your favourite spot in the house is "Papa's room"; how you still cannot sleep through the night (please, I beg you, this has got to get better please!), how you capture our hearts with how you are. 

I love you with all my heart, baby and I did try my best to plan what I could, along with the help of your favourite yiyi. I hope you have fun at your party tomorrow!

Love always, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment