Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My pictorial capture of Sydney, Australia

17 Feb: Facetime with my big baby before hitting the plane. 
Random - an M&M holding a prickly hedgehog and a durian?! If you look closely, you can see Mr Red holding a seed in the fork! Guess he doesn't like his fingers to smell.
17 Feb: Still within 10 minutes of my last picture; my gates were so far I practically arrived at Terminal 1 (was at 3).
17 Feb: 2.5 movies, partially-read magazine, a 1-hour nap and a crinked nap later,  I've arrived. Korean for dinner/supper the first night. 
A very quaint few of the Korean restaurant. It was one of the places open at the late hour. 
17 Feb/18 Feb: 2am. Lights off.
18 Feb: 7am wake-up call *GROANS
18 Feb: 7.05am: I decided to jump right out of bed & hit the gym.
And was shocked to see how crowded the gym was! This pic is terribly taken (I didn't want to get told off for being a pervert, I'm not!) but truly, the whole gym was bustling with adrenalin and muscle. It's probably so busy because it is a gym for members too; not merely a hotel's gym.

18 Feb: Breakfast at the hotel. This was my second round of food. Not pictured is my wholemeal toast with 2 slices of ham and plenty of cream cheese. 

18 Feb: Noon. After a busy morning of work, we were done and headed for lunch!
18 Feb: 6pm. After all the work is done for the day, I hit the roads for a run to see the Sydney Opera House. Again, I'm amazed by the beauty of the place - the greenery, the fantastic weather, the number of people out running/doing yoga/ walking about - it was truly peaceful and extremely therapeutic.
18 Feb: Sydney Opera House. I was so happy when I saw it in its full glory. Truth is, it looks better from far (there was lots of construction going on). But I was determined to take a pic of myself with it and I stopped a random stranger to snap a pic of me. Jump shot no less!

I cannot get over how much nature there is just about. Absolutely lovely!

A rarity, but I thought a selfie would be nice (no, I cannot ask a stranger to snap a pic of me running, goodness!)

18 Feb 8.30pm: After clearing my work, I made some friends (friend/family of my colleague) and we were brought to two different bars for grub and booze. The first was down this alley called Palmer & Co. It was a nice little watering hole. 

18 Feb: Dinner was a $10-burger and a pint of Little Creatures. 
The end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment