Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas through the years

Every Christmas, the husband and friends celebrate together. It's been their tradition for years and the very first time I joined the husband in this celebration in 2004, I was a friend.

X'mas 2004 @ Swissotel

Typically, there's always an abundance of food (either potlucked/catered) and drinks and the night is spent with lots of laughs, games and spirits are always high. There's also a traditional gift exchange. The husband and I became a couple after the first year and I joined in this festive tradition as a girlfriend for the next three years.

X'mas 2005 @ Swissotel

X'mas 2006 BBQ party @ Jerry's

X'mas 2007 @ The Beaufort, Sentosa

Then the husband and I got married, and we'd then celebrated the next few Christmases as husband and wife. After this many years of the same kinda routine, we themed the next party as a pyjamas party. Everyone gamely donned on their pyjamas that night.

Pyjamas party @ a villa in Sentosa

Then last year, we continued with a themed party & everyone upped their game with costumes galore.

A retro-licious christmas 2009

It's so fun going through old pics, and looking back at how my relationship with the husband has progressed much. It's exactly what I've written of us - how we were friends, and how our relationship's developed more & how we have a beautiful daughter today. The celebrations also become more meaningful as our friendships with each other strengthen over the years.

This year, we decided to do something different yet again and we went on a cruise. Some highlights of our trip:

Bingo (nay, we didn't win) - check out the husband's competitive face!

Entertaining ourselves with silly deck games. Again, check out the husband's game pose!

Our usual Christmas goodies

Our traditional group shot
Gift exchange, the husband and I

My favourite shot - we being our usual silly selves; set on the cruise deck

Because the cruise dates were set, we'd brought forward our celebrations by a day this year, which explained why I was home with the husband and Kate on Christmas eve & day. The cruise was so-so, not sure if I'd ever go for one again (not for the exact same one I'm pretty sure), but as always, the company made it worthwhile and it was still a nice Christmas memory down the road. One setback which I'm still feeling today is the 'motion sickness' - I'm still swaying slightly in my brain which is becoming rather uncomfortable *puke

And that's how we spend our Christmases all these years. Looking forward to the next one and many more of love and happiness, joy & fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment