Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hit of adrenalin to start the day

I did it.

I went for a jog before heading to work today. A super 30-minute jog (okay, I have a confession - I didn't intend to run for that long; I just miscalculated my route and had to keep going!) with no time to cool down, but it was awesome.

Ever since I became a Mom, I’ve not reverted to my regular exercise regime. Once upon a time when I used to hit the gym at least thrice a week, I now don’t even have… well, I just don’t. Boo.

So, on the days that I drive to work, I can leave the house later than if I had to take public transport. If I wake up at the same time as my “public-transport” days, I can use that time to run! I just have to tapau my breakfast and groom myself in the car/at work. Only downside is that I'm dripping with perspiration because my body is so revved up but fortunately, I have the air-conditioning in the car to stabilise my body temperature. A side effect is that I'll miss having breakfast with K, but I doubt I’ll do this more than twice a week, (ha! let’s see if I can begin a once a week on a regular basis) so it’s ok! All in all, there are more pros than cons in this arrangement and perhaps I’m still on a high after all the running I’ve done in the past week (3x!), or maybe, it’s the coffee (heh) but I do hope that this is a beginning of a long-running (pun intended) arrangement.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment