Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Happy morning

I had a rather pleasant & enjoyable morning - a great start to the day!

I got an unplanned morning call from the husband at 6.30am, telling me that he wouldn't be back home in time to handover the car (the poor man has been working all-night shifts); and what struck me as rather amusing was how he asked me if I was truly awake and he even offered to call me again if I was semi-asleep & not absorbing what he was telling me!

As I was already awake, I thought of going for a morning run & I was nearly out of the door when I heard "Mama!" The little one had awakened!

Now, let me digress a little to share with you how close K and I are. She's especially clingy to me at bedtime - before she sleeps, when she sleeps and after she wakes up. Before she goes to bed, she'll roll over my body, sit on my tummy, touch my face/arms/belly, sometimes she'll poke my eye (have to teach her to stop doing so!)... until she tires herself out and knocks out. When she's asleep, she may suddenly wake up to shift her sleeping position and sometimes she'll put her head next to mine or lay very close to my body, sometimes she'll slap my face (lightly) & her intention is merely to touch me and seek comfort in having me by her side. When she awakens, she'll like to have me by her side - again I just think she feels comforted. She'll wave to me (this is terribly cute!) and smile and just lay beside me in bed (she's a lazer). The MIL & the husband have both shared with me that she'll check to see who is in bed with her (they have tried cheating her by covering their faces) and she'll cry if it isn't me. I think this terribly endearing & I love her so!

So back to this morning - because she was up and calling for me, I abandoned my plans to run and had a leisurely breakfast with her. She was in great spirits before I left the house and I stepped out with a bounce in my step. Maybe it’s the lovely weather (cool air with warm sunshine), maybe it’s December – whatever it is, I’m feeling great!

Along the way, I spotted a squirrel! It was scrambling up the tree and I wanted to snap a picture of it, but I wasn’t close enough and I figured the quality of the picture wouldn’t have been great.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment: