Monday, December 27, 2010

Er ling yi yi!

I overheard the MIL teaching Kate how to say 2011 in mandarin the other morning. It's terribly cute as she didn't quite grasp the sequence, and kept going straight to repeating yi-yi (one one); it also prompted me to think of how quickly the year has gone by.

I started the year full of trepidation as my maternity leave ended and I had to go back to work, I survived breastfeeding my daughter till she was one, I'd groomed and watched my daughter grow to the cute little clever toddler she is aged 15 months today, and as we are on the last week of this year, I look forward to the quiet, meaningful dinner that the husband and I will have to recap, mull and appreciate the year that we've shared together.

On a side note, we brought Kate for her first MMR vaccination at the polyclinic today. Two things to note: 1/ it only cost us $5! Am totally rooting for public health care - how much we save with it! & 2/ it's common that the child usually has fever a week after the shot. I'm not looking forward to that & I secretly hope that Kate will be the minority % that does not get it. Good luck to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment