Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"Being an adult is so stressful"

That's what the husband said the other night and when he said so, I was slumped on the chair, resting my achey back, rubbing my swollen belly and feeling, well, rather tired. The MIL is unwell and the husband and I decided that we ought to alleviate her discomfort by dropping Kate off at my uncle's so that she doesn't have to worry about Kate at all. We'd been discussing the car/logistics arrangements and even before we embarked on the actual act, we're already slumped out!

We have been very lucky in that we have the MIL helping us look after Kate since her birth. The fact that we live together really makes things so much easier as we do not have to worry about shuttling, extra logistics and any of the other things that come along with needing to shuttle. The MIL is reluctant of the (temporary?) childcare arrangement because she says "my legs are painful anyway whether Kate is around or not". But the other reason (I'm guessing) is that she misses Kate, and she's probably used to Kate's nonsense no matter how tiring it is (as all parents and care-givers should understand).

But because we figure that her resting is more important (and no pressure at all if Kate isn't around), we made arrangements to drop Kate off at her "playland". Kate loves the company of her little uncle & aunt (they are 7 & 5) and rather looks forward to going over. So I'm happy that at least there is no emotional burden of Kate being unhappy; but it's just the physical strain of doing the shuttling.

As I complain, though, I'm aware that we are still fortunate because the husband's workplace is near my uncle's home; and we at least have this childcare option for Kate.

.... being an adult is so stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment