Tuesday, November 29, 2011

One year

Today marks the one year that I’ve been working in this (not-so) new job.

I still remember me sussing out the building & environment when I first came for an interview. I tried to picture if I could imagine myself working here, trying to absorb the ‘qi’ in the place to see if I could feel anything good/bad…

The ride this past year has been mostly good than bad, I think. Of course, there are times that I feel like slitting my wrists, but these occasions are far less than in my previous job! The culture of this place is different and I’d like to think that I’ve settled in rather nicely, but sometimes, I still pick up pieces of gossip, uh, information, that makes me go “eh?”?! The key reason why I sought to change jobs was the long, grueling hours – while I loved being in advertising (oh, the adrenalin!), the hours were cruel and not possible after I became a Mom. I think many will agree/understand that the advertising industry is extremely fast-paced and despite it being very thrilling and challenging, and great for growth & learning (I probably learned the most I ever have ever since I stepped out from school), my priority as a Mom was way too important and much to ignore and I had to find an alternative where I had more definite hours at work.

I got a pay rise when I switched and that helped, but while I’m cracking my brains as to why I had to switch jobs, the hours and the need for me to be able to lead more of a life was the one major thing. Other things included a change in environment, wanting to try a different industry, to learn new things; the usuals.

I’ll like to be thankful and say that it’s been a decent year for me here so far (I’m being thankful so I’m not going to harp on the bad stuff!), and I must remember that my key reason has been met. Here, I get to leave punctually on most days and I’ve gotten used to this life where I get to have dinner at home & spend some time with Kate playing/eating together.

So, one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment