Thursday, November 24, 2011

Our weekend last

So it's already past mid-week, but I don't want to forget our weekend, so here it is. It seems ages since I had time to myself what with work on the weekends, so this weekend was exceptionally great because I had time with my loved ones.

On Saturday, the husband and I had a date! We booked tickets to An Affordable Art Fair which seemed a reasonable event to go to since we're on the lookout for items for our home. The day came and after dropping Kate off at my mom's, we headed out for a couple lunch at the Singapore Flyer. I'd been before but the husband hadn't and I think generally, the ambience and intentionally-rustic furnishing makes the place quite interesting. After filling our tummies, we walked over to the paddock club where the fair was.

While the fair was interesting, we didn't actually end up buying anything largely because of budget (or rather, lack thereof). In the husband's words, "we cannot afford anything even though it's an affordable art fair." I think the pieces were interesting, and nice to see, but the truth is, even if anything was cheaper (the average price range was in the thousands), I didn't actually see anything that truly caught my eye. So though we didn't actually get anything, I enjoyed the afternoon because I got to spend time with the husband. He took hours off from his studying for that afternoon and it was nice to just walk about with him hand-in-hand, talking about idle matters. I loved it!

On Sunday, the husband resumed to his mugging and I planned a day out with Kate to take her out of his hair. The day started with brunch/lunch with the sister and the boyfriend. We went to Epicurious cafe where I had a normal fare of Eggs Benedict; the food was so-so but the company of course, as always, was fantastic! Here are a series of funny pics of the princess.

Sweeping her hair back, ala Jon-style

Ballerina balancing a napkin on her head. I love how her hands are poised

Cheesy smile - notice the necklace around her neck? She just decided that she wanted to wear it!

After paying, we walked past another side of the cafe where there was a kiddy area. Kate - bored - on the unexciting rocking horse

She then moved on to "draw draw draw"

Serious stuff - looking for another coloured marker

Her masterpiece

After allowing her some time to complete her drawing, we headed to the nearby supermarket for a walkabout. We idly just shopped around for nothing-much-at-all and it was time for Kate to nap when we said our goodbyes.

I drove the princess around to lull her to sleep and after a refreshing hour's nap, I brought her to my friend's where we had arranged a play-date. I had a good time catching up with my girlfriends, and Kate had a good time too playing! I know for certain because at one point in the afternoon, she ran to me saying "Mommy, I have fun!" Haha, I love how simple her life is at this moment.

Besides plain playing around, we were all engaged in a short session of craft where we made Christmas cards. Here's a nice shot of Kate (& I) at work!

The whole group (from left): Samantha (Sumin's), Kate, Quentin sitting on Cherie's lap, Yahn (standing, Ming Yuan's) and Lauren with Teng Mei.

The kids are all about the same age within 6 months of one another and it was very nice to see them playing together. Baby Q has plenty of toys, more than enough for all the kiddos to play with and I really enjoyed the afternoon of catching up with friends, talking about any topic, engaging in some craft with Kate and seeing her have fun and interact with other children.

That pretty much ended our lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment