Friday, November 11, 2011

Dear Jake

Dear Jake,

I hope you enjoy spending time with Papa and I alone, because these couple of weeks, we have been enjoying more time on our own with him sending me to work and picking me up. And it's also very enjoyable because we suddenly decide to run our own errands and go to dinners all on our own. As much as we love Kate cheche and you, we need time on our own; but because you are such a special part of me at this moment, you're lucky you get to come along with us/me always!

Your movements are becoming more and more defined and I strongly believe that you'll be as active and nearly as out-going as your sister. What I find odd though, is that though I may feel a huge somersault inside, it doesn't always show on the outside; I guess you just prefer to snuggle against my innards. We have been eating relatively well, though dinners are generally tougher because I'm usually not hungry by mid-day. What a pity; cos I love eating and I recall my appetite being a lot healthier with Kate; though it may be a good thing as I'll put on less weight (hopefully!).

Anyhow, today, we enter the 6th month of this pregnancy journey at 24weeks. Another 16weeks before we meet - that's a really short time considering how quickly time flies by and as the days go by, I cannot help but start imagining how you look like; your eyes, your lips, your nose, your face, your chin... and on a random note, Papa and I had differing views about whether dimples look good on a boy over dinner conversation yesterday.

We'll get to see you again in a week's time when we visit the doctor. I'm down with the flu but am unable to rest fully because I need to work, but I'll keep feeding myself so that you can continue to focus on growing; you're doing great baby so keep it up!

Love you heaps, Mommy

1 comment: