Monday, November 28, 2011

Our first Christmas party for 2011

Time really flies by and we're fast approaching the final month of this year. A whole year has whizzed by and this year, because of Poo's travelling schedule, we had our first Christmas party early, last Saturday on 26 November - still within a month of Christmas!

I woke up really early that day - I think I was actually excited at the prospect of making food - okay, so it's only salad but for those who know, cooking is not my forte and to make something on my own is really quite amazing! Here's a picture of my finished product!

Lettuce, shredded cheddar, cherry tomatoes, carrots, celery, corn, picnic ham (I pounded almonds but forgot to throw them in. Ah well!)

Before leaving the house, we had a morning visitor!

Kate, with Jaz who finally KO-ed for her nap

After which the bestie and I had some time to just talk and catch up about nothing at all. I then prepared for Kate and I and we headed to Eve's for the party!

Kate and Charlotte - look into the mirror in the bkground; notice how Charlotte has her arm around Kate?! So cute!

We stuffed our faces with food from my salad to pasta & pie, to baked wings & herb-chicken fillets; to mini tarts and we finished off with a deliciously rich choccie cake - yums!

The afternoon was really relaxed and we girls & our partners spent the time just talking about what's current, what's not, what's past, what's coming up next. We have been friends for (let me count now...) 14 years (!!) and we've had plenty of adventures along the way. Now, 3 of us are married with kiddos and I really hope to hear wedding bells soon for the 4th! I love how our friendship has strengthened over the years with us seeing one another through key milestones in our lives. I love my girls! I don't have a pic of us girls, but I did capture one of the girls all Xmas'ed out.

I love December!

No comments:

Post a Comment